Congrats to the top 5 Fantasy Football owners in the world!
2018 Fantasy Football World Rankings!
- Chad Schroeder – The No. 1 Player in the World. A former stock broker turned professional gambler, Chad is arguably the most well known high stakes player on the planet.
- Kurt Kuekes – Kurt and Mike are amazing teammates who have won over seven figures playing fantasy sports. It’s rare that two people stick together for this long.
- Mike Santos – A dairy farmer, father and husband, residing in California, has always made time to compete on the big stage, and has amazing results almost every season.
- Kimra Schleicher – The 2016 World Champ and first female world champion. She won it all by .77 fantasy points on the last play of the last game on MNF.
- Darren Summer – The first two-time Fantasy Football World Champion. Darren has the belt and has his sights set on dominating the sports betting world in 2018.
Peep the full Fantasy Football Player Rankings by Clicking HERE!
Brad Kruse is the No. 9 ranked player in the world and he was generous enough to reveal his No. 1 sleeper, bust, breakout, comeback, and stash & cash of the year in our annual Preseason Pro product. Become a member to view his picks along with some of the other top players in the world. Already a member? CLICK HERE to view his picks!
Please Note: If any contest is not represented, don’t blame us, we tried! Some choose not to cooperate with providing basic results data for their contests and unfortunately this denies some of the most talented fantasy owners in the world their due.
What is the Purpose of Fantasy Player Rankings?
In everything everywhere, where people compete, there’s a pecking order. Everybody wants to see how they stack up against their competition. Scout is the original creator of rankings and ratings for high school and college players, so it’s a natural fit to rate and rank the best fantasy players in the world. We are proud to be releasing these rankings as a look-back at the 2014 season, and will be providing weekly updates to the World Player Rankings for 2015 each week in-season as it happens.
Who is Included in the Rankings?
Season-Long: Everybody who plays in ANY Scout Fantasy Sports League will be represented in the Season-long rankings, as well as any of the High-Stakes circuits (our World Championship, the National Championship or the Player’s Championship).
As the rankings gain in popularity and exposure, it is our hope that other contest operators participate in sharing their player performances so that all contests can be represented regardless of platform. We welcome them to the table to mold and modify a ranking formula that’s equitable for all.
Currently, we did our best to match the players that participated in these high stakes competitions, based on player name and team name. This does not always yield accuracy, as sometimes names are spelled differently James/Jim, Matthew/Matt, and sometimes players are teammates / co-managers on certain teams, but not listed on the official leader-boards. Players now have the ability to report any incomplete or duplicate data situations.
DO YOU HATE GETTING SNIPED IN DRAFTS?
Check out our up to the minute Advanced ADP – featuring player MinMax*Scores – Targeted hi/low draft windows for high stakes $ leagues, providing you with a much more accurate draft window for each player.
The data that we have access to helped to structure the scoring system that we would eventually decide on. Here’s the data we have:
- Win Loss Record: (*all contests*)
- Most Regular Season Points: (*for Scout Fantasy Sports Leagues only*)
- 2nd Most Regular Season Points: (*for Scout Fantasy Sports Leagues only*)
- League Champion Y/N: (*for Scout Fantasy Sports Leagues only*)
- Dominator Y/N: (*for World Championship league only*) *note: A Dominator is a team that had both the best record and the most points and won $10,000 in their league.
- Playoff appearance Y/N: (*all contests*)
- Championship round order of finish: (*all contests*)
- Win = .2 pts
- Win% Multipliers (see below)
- 90-100% = 2.0
- 80-89.9% = 1.5
- 70-79.9% = 1.25
Why reward win loss record more with a win % multiplier?
In a 13 week regular season, we felt going 13-0, 12-1, 11-2 and even 10-3 were worth more than just a .2 pts per win bump in your standings. While there is somewhat of a random nature to rewarding wins and losses each week based on your opponent, these seasons, just feel a bit more special to us as players, even if a little luck is on your side that year. Same with an 11-week season (11-0, 10-1, 9-2)
- Qualifying for Championship Round Bonus = 4 pts
- Dominate = 1 pt
- League Champ = 1 pt
- Most Points = 1 pt
- 2nd Most Points = .5 pts
Finish Bonuses (see below)
- 1st Place = 50 pts
- 2nd Place = 40 pts
- 3rd Place = 30 pts
- 4th Place = 20 pts
- 5th Place = 12 pts
- 6th to 10th Place = 10 pts
- 11th to 25th Place = 5 pts
- 26th to 50th Place = 3 pts
- 51st to 100th Place = 2 pts
- Failure to Qualify Adjustment (see below)
- World Championships = -1 pt
- National Championship = -.65 pts
- Players Championship = -.65 pts
Why the difference in adjustment values?
The World Championships allow 4 players to advance to the Championship Round (33.3% odds), while the National and Players Championships allow 2-3 teams per league to advance (20.8% in 12-team lgs and 17.8% in 14-team lgs), therefore players in those competitions do not have as big an adjustment for failing to qualify.
Online Championship & Dynasty Championship Scoring
- Wins = .05
- Qualify = .8
- Failure to Qualify = -.3
- Most Points = .3
- 2nd Most Points = .15
- League Champ = .3
Online Championship Overall Finish
- 1st Place = 25 pts
- 2nd Place = 16 pts
- 3rd Place = 14 pts
- 4th Place = 12 pts
- 5th Place = 10 pts
- 6th to 10th Place = 8 pts
- 11th to 25th Place = 6 pts
- 26th to 50th Place = 4 pts
- 51st to 100th Place = 2 pts
Dynasty Championship Overall Finish
- 1st Place = 6 pts
- 2nd Place = 5 pts
- 3rd Place = 4 pts
- 4th Place = 3 pts
- 5th Place = 2 pts
- 6th to 10th Place = 1 pts
Qualifier & DraftnGo Scoring
- Wins = .02
- Qualify = .32
- Failure to Qualify = -.12
- Most Points = .12
- 2nd Most Points = .06
- League Champ = .12
Starter League Scoring
- Wins = .01
- Qualify = .16
- Failure to Qualify = -.06
- Most Points = .06
- 2nd Most Points = .03
- League Champ = .06
Think our ranking formula stinks or just needs a tweak? Good. We want to hear from you! What is the best way to evaluate the high stakes community? Let us hear your ideas and thoughts on our forums!
Get access to the Top Ranked Players in the World with ScoutFantasy’s PreSeason Pro. Each high stakes winner puts it all on the line with their one sleeper, breakout, bust, comeback and stash and cash player for the 2018 season. Kimra absolutely nailed Alvin Kamara last season as her late rounder. She’s back! So is Darren Summer, Brad Kruse, Mark Deming and more. And of course, Dr. Roto, Adam Ronis, and Shawn Childs provide their top picks for the upcoming Fantasy Football season along with their annual rankings!
Are you a Die-Hard Fantasy Football Player? CLICK HERE to Start Your Road to the 2018 Fantasy Football World Championships.