Tonight is the FanDuel WFBC in San Diego, California … it’s an 8 game slate as the 8pm and later games are not included on it, but still better than the pathetic 6 game championship slate on DK last weekend…. I guess.
And look at that, late August and we have weather issues? Fun times.
- The biggest concern is between Tampa and Boston where there should be some steady rain throughout the evening and with this being a divisional game we definitely could see them decide to push it out to a doubleheader tomorrow — both teams play on Monday. However, Tampa does NOT return to Boston this year, so I expect them to try and get this game in tonight.
- Rockies at Braves … They will find a way to get this game in and no major issues.
- Giants at Reds … Same here, no issues.
- Cubs at Pirates … Same here, no issues.
- Madison Bumgarner … I don’t think we see a dominant performance from Bum tonight, but there isn’t much to hate about this spot for him. On DraftKings he’s likely one of the more popular plays today against a Votto-less Reds team and only at 9k. Plus you know he is going to want to hit in this ballpark and likely drive in most of the Giants runs tonight…. 7 innings, 5 strikeouts, 1 ER.
- Rich Hill … Seattle is gonna wish Cano never came back as they rudely get swept at home by the Dodgers this weekend.
- Joe Musgrove … Musgrove is my favorite pairing with Bumgarner tonight. Between him and Chatwood it’s gonna be a game of who walks fewer and I’ll take Musgrove at home against a really weak and boring Cubs lineup today. Some rain issues early but it should fade away and the umpire for Musgrove is decent too.
- Wei-Yin Chen … Yes, I am fully aware that this guy has a 57.32 ERA on the road and a 0.41 ERA at home. Okay, those numbers are inflated a bit, but the point is the guy a) isn’t good and b) is atrocious away from Marlins Park. Gut feeling he pitches very well tonight.
- Brad Keller … I anticipate this is a low scoring game. I dont like 7pm games in Chicago and both guys can keep the ball down fairly well, but no chance in yell I use Covey.
- Jefry Rodriguez … He’s not a great ARM but he will be chalk tonight at 4k filling in against the Marlins. I think we can do better though so thats why he isn’t higher on my list tonight (DK Play only).
- Folty … Folty will strikeout about 7 Rockies tonight but also give up a bomb to Trevor Story and for his price I’d rather take the safer Bumgarner option.
- Price … Price is the chalk SP today against Tampa at home. His former team is one that he has done VERY well against since leaving Tampa, but I want no part of a chalky price in bad weather in Fenway. This is a slightly better Tampa lineup than he has seen in the past with Pham in the middle of it.
- Godley … He is horrible in San Diego
I do not see this being a heavy “stack” slate. There’s mostly a bunch of one off players in good spots and while you can certainly go heavy against some of the mediocre pitching tonight I also do not see any one guy giving up a ton of power, but here are my favorite teams to target tonight….
GIANTS … McCutchen / Panik / Belt (Longoria / Posey)
I am definitely going right back to the well here with the Giants today as I do not anticipate Harvey having back to back dominant games and I love the lineup 1 through 8 to put plenty of men on base and also add some HR pop in a great park shift.
TIGERS … Goodrum, Canelario, V-Mart
Stewart is getting a ton of switch hitters in this lineup today and the Twins still cannot get Nik Goodrum (former Twin) out this season as he continues to rake against him. The Tigers have been better against LHP but they finally get a trash arm tonight in Minnesota which is a good park shift for them. V-Mart might even get one out tonight.
DOGERS … Turner, Joc, Bellinger
Late night hammer with the Dodgers who went off last night on the Mariners and I think they can do it again today against Erasmo.
RED SOX … Betts, Benintendi, Kinsler
Boston is sneaky mostly because of the weather, their price and the Nationals being such a chalky team tonight. Normally they would easily be the top team but they’re expensive so you need to get creative here. If second base wasn’t so deep tonight Kinsler would rank high for me.
BREWERS … Yelich, Cain, Aguilar, Moose
Mikolas is going to be chalk given how much the Brewers have been striking out lately, but they will bounce back and take tonights game.
Nationals … They’re frauds and I think this is a snooze game for the Nats.
CATCHER: Not a bad position tonight on DK, Garver the top play for me by a mile though given price.
- Mitchel C. Garver III
- Yadi Molina
- Mike Zunino
FIRST BASE: Belt for sure is my favorite main lineup play today but I expect Pujols and V-Mart to put a drive into one, question is do they have enough to get it out at their old ages
- Brandon Belt
- Albert Pujols
- Victor Martinez
SECOND BASE: For once this is the deepest position on the slate and I didn’t even touch on Moncada and Whit, but they’re in play more tomorrow…
- Niko Goodrum
- Joe Panik
- DJ LeMahieu
THIRD BASE: Just a heads up, we are playing 3000% Evan Longoria here tomorrow. But tonight the position is weak IMO so we’re going to the favorite game of the night between Detroit and Minny.
- Jeimer Candelario
- Miguel Sano
- Matt Duffy … If batting 2nd he homers off Price
- Justin Turner
SHORTSTOP: All in on Story for me tonight, he’s on fire.
- Trevor Saturday
- Elvis Andrus
- Next question
OUTFIELD – Tier 1: Love the guys in the top tier today.
- Mike Trout … Mr. Saturday night in Arlington and Family Death Narrative.
- Andrew McCutchen
- Justin Upton
- Wil Myers
OUTFIELD – Tier 2
- Sir Thomas Pham
- Christian Yelich
- Nick Castellanos
- Eddie Rosario … Look who’s heating up
OUTFIELD – Tier 3
- Avisail Garcia
- Jason Heyward
- Alex Gordon
- Rosell Herrera
- Max Kepler
- Trevor Story – SS – Chairman
- Niko Goodrum – 2B
- Andrew McCutchen – OF
- Justin Upton – OF
- Cody Bellinger – 1B
- Mitch Garver – C
- Matt Duffy – 3B
- Alex Gordon – OF
- BONUS ……………….. Joe Panik – 2B