Daily Dr. Roto—April 17, 2018
Fantasy Baseball News and Notes
If I had told you before the season started that Yankees SS Didi Gregorius was going to bat cleanup you would have thought that was ridiculous. Well, with Greg Bird still out, Gregorius is hitting right in the middle of the Yankees’ lineup and had himself two more home runs giving him five on the season. Moreover, he’s hitting .327 and there is no reason to think that he should let up. The seeds of his improvement were there after 2017 and I think he might end up becoming a top five SS in all of Fantasy Baseball by season’s end.
The Washington Nationals scored six runs in the eighth inning last night to defeat the Mets after Jacob deGrom was outstanding for the first 7 1/3 innings. Prior to the season the Mets thought that their bullpen would be an asset, but if they continue to blow six run leads like this against division opponents, the Mets will be in big trouble.
Prior to the season, I compared Rays SP Blake Snell to Robbie Ray. I still hold to that comparison as Snell is good for tons of strikeouts, but still can be somewhat wild. The good thing about last night’s game against the Rangers was that Snell had 9 Ks and zero walks. If Snell can continue to avoid giving up free passes he might become a top-flight Fantasy starter in the near future.
Keep your eye on Brewers SS Orlando Arcia. He seems to be getting better contact at the plate and it looks like his confidence is increasing with every at bat. This might be the perfect time to trade for him if his current owner fixates on his poor average from the first two weeks.
Corey Kluber (super expensive but the best starter on the slate)
Zach Wheeler (he looked amazing in his last start and worth the risk)
Lance McCullers (Seager and Cano hit him BvP but the rest of the Mariners can’t touch him)
Matt Moore (hate the pitcher, but love the revenge narrative)
Houston (Ariel Miranda is a train wreck)
Los Angeles Dodgers (starting to heat up)
Oakland (great matchup against Gonzalez who is a flyball pitcher)
Tampa Bay (in case you hate Matt Moore)
Milwaukee (I liked them on Monday, but I might have been off by a night)
Starling Marte (like him as a one off considering he is hitting .714 vs Chad Bettis)
George Springer (has four hits against Miranda and all four have been home runs)
Travis Shaw (I thought he was going to hit a HR on Monday; I might be a day off here, so roll with him on Tuesday)
Matt Olson (when he gets hot he can hit home runs in bunches)
Click here to celebrate Dr. Roto’s recent $5K win! Sign up today using the Promo Code Doc5K and get a month of ScoutMLB DFS for just $10! That’s $14.95 off your first month of membership! (new subscribers only)
- Our MLB DFS content is EVERY DAY and unlike other sites, our team CONTINUES to focus on MLB after the all-star break. We don’t abandon you two months after you sign up for a six month product.
- *Full Access to our on fire MLB DFS Optimizer – Build and export up to 20 lineups at a time for a quick important into DraftKings and FanDuel!
- Daily Content optimized for all contests and Expert Picks from Steve Renner, FuegoSteve, JaguarLou and Rob Geriak.
- We watch the games, study the trends and recommend winners THAT WE PLAY.
- Participate in Livestream/podcasts and Slack Chat daily as well as seek expert help and strategy on lineup construction, tournament strategies and MLB DFS research tips
- Trust advice from those PLAY & WIN