Another small 7 game slate tonight. No real weather concerns.
- Clayton Kershaw … He is going to be limited again, but is still in consideration because we can expect him to pitch 6 innings and strikeout 7+ batters while limiting the damage. He’s not going to give you good value for his price so don’t expect an epic 60 point game… On a short slate with limited hitting that looks solid though I am going to have one lineup with Kershaw, take his 40 point outing and move on with the cheaper bats while others who pay down for pitching get goose eggs from their hitting….
- Patrick Corbin … Prior to a start back on Sept 8th, Corbin had been pitching well against the Padres both in Chase Field and in San Diego. He got beat up pretty hard by San Diego two weeks ago though and should bounce back tonight with a good stat. I think the common trend will be for people to go ahead and pay up for Kershaw on DK as their SP1 even though he is limited. So this is a case to get off Kershaw and still get the next best guy at really low ownership……. If you go Corbin, I recommend a Padres hedge stack at low ownership…
- Dan Straily … YOLO… Straily at home is in play… I won’t touch him though, so this is just me giving you a third option who works well with doing a 4×4 stack.
- Dylan Bundy … has been great on longer rest in the second half. He has limited strikeout upside and is pitching in a tough ballpark, but he is my next favorite option.
SNEAKY ARMS / SP2
Brent Suter … The Brewers are good, the Pirates are not. I’ll take the winning pitcher in a pitchers duel tonight……
Taillon is my chalk fade.
Dodgers … They get the benefit of a small road trip from Washington to Philly despite playing the night game yesterday. Fantastic ballpark shift and a fantastic matchup against Nick Pivetta.
Diamondbacks … Luis Perdomo. No bueno… D’Backs have raked in San Diego this year… Remember the back to back 10 run first innings?
Red Sox / Orioles … This is the third spot you should try to get some exposure from, however I would treat this as a one off game. No full stack on either side.
Brewers … Going against a pitcher I think will be too chalky and in a bad ballpark shift. Brewers lineup drives alot here and Neil Walker narrative is in full effect.
Athletics … Another spot where I love the power the Athletics can bring. Keep riding the Olson train.
Yanks … Ervin Santana has pitched too well. I am not considering him today because I fear he doesn’t strikeout enough Yanks, but I am also not stacking the Yankees who are HR dependent.
- JT Realmuto – Hits Harvey well… Hoping he gets a nice lineup spot.
- Sandy Leon
- Chris Iannetta
- Yasmani Grandal – He’s not a big second half guy but has a fantastic spot today.
- Umm. Cody Bellinger much?
- Matt Olson
- Paul Goldschmidt
- Neil Walker
- Chase Utley – Also narrative….
- Brian Dozier
- Jake Lamb
- Travis Shaw
- Manny Machado
- Justin Turner
- Corey Seager – 101% owned today. Eat it.
- Jorge Polanco
- Freddy Galvis
Outfield – Tier 1
- Hernan Perez
- Marcell Ozuna
- Mookie Betts
- David Peralta
Outfield – Tier 2
- Jabari Blash
- JD Martinez
- Christian Yelich
- Rhys Hoskins – I’ll consider Rhys for 3k in a non Kershaw lineup. Absolutely…
- Matt Joyce
Outfield – Value Tier
- Sean Rodriguez
- Keon Broxton
- Curtis Granderson
- Cody Bellinger – 1B – Chairman
- Corey Seager – SS
- Hernan Perez – OF
- David Peralta – OF
- Chase Utley – 2B
- Manny Machado – 3B
- Marcell Ozuna – OF
- Sandy Leon – C
- Matt Olson – 1B
Follow me on twitter @steve_renner for any feedback or questions. Just dont ask me if I like someone I said I am fading or if I like Mike Zunino…. Okay???