Thursday Night Game
Week 7 kicks off with the lowest total game of the week between the Denver Broncos and the Arizona Cardinals. Talk about a dynamite game to kick off the week, right? But don’t go sleeping on this game. This is a spot with two inter-conference teams who are looking to right the ship on rough seasons thus far.
The Denver Broncos are desperate for a win with Von Miller coming out this week and saying they are gonna “KILL EM” when they go into Arizona. Well, Von, maybe you guys should stop the run? Denver is getting GASHED on the ground and if ever there was a spot for David Johnson to return to his prior status as an elite RB it would be this week. The Broncos rush defense has yielded 142, 323 and 270 yards in the last three contests and our projections tonight have David Johnson with the best game of his season. He is a must start in your Thursday Night Showdown contests and we’re even recommending you lock him into TNF-MNF slate contests this week.
NBA DFS IS BACK … Not a member of the NBA or NHL packages at Scout Fantasy Sports? Then you are missing Out!
Click Here to Sign up for the All Sports Package today using promo code NBATIPOFF to get 50% off the DFS All Sports package for your first two months.
The prime-time slates this week are LOADED on the back end with two “College Style Big-12” games on Sunday and Monday Night with a lot of offensive fireworks expected. There will definitely be lots of ownership shifted towards the SNF and MNF games this week as they have the highest totals of the weekend, but there’s a few plays specifically in them that we love this week.
SNF Lock: Andy Dalton and A.J. Green take their road success into Arrowhead Stadium against the Chiefs coming off their first loss of the season. Expect this to be the shootout game of the weekend but most will look at Mahomes and the Chiefs and we are on the Dalton-Green connection.
MNF Lock: Saquon Barkley gets to display his talents in prime time again, this time against the worst team defending the pass to running backs in the past three seasons and in Atlanta which has yielded the most points of any stadium this year (it’s a fast track and with the bad Falcons defense we should expect more points here again this week). There are some limited high end RB options on the main slate this week and we feel extremely confident locking in David Johnson and Saquon Barkley on your full slate contests this week.
CORE Plays for the full slate this week: Andy Dalton, David Johnson, Saquon Barkley, AJ Green
Thursday Night Showdown Picks
FAVORITES (Plays to consider for Captain/MVP)
- David Johnson (ARI) … Highest priced Captain abut also someone I think has the best chances to notch 2 TD in a game that should be low scoring.
- Philip Lindsay (DEN) … We should not ignore how much Arizona is giving up on the ground as well this week. They have yielded at least one rushing touchdown in every game thus far this year and Lindsay/Freeman are both in good spots to continue that trend this week.
- Manny Sanders (DEN)
OTHER PLAYS I LIKE
- JJ Nelson (ARI) … See below, he is the sneaky TD call tonight.
- Royce Freeman (DEN) … I like Freeman to re-establish himself as a good dynasty value back this week, I still believe in Freeman more long term and while the two are splitting production I will take Freeman at a projected lower ownership in Showdown tonight.
- Joshua Rosen (ARI)
- Case Keenum (DEN)
- Phil Dawson (ARI)
- Courtland Sutton (DEN)
- JJ Nelson (ARI) … Contrarian play that I really like this week. If Arizona is able to get DJ going on the ground it could open up some play action.
CONTRARIAN GAME THOUGHT:
Take the over in a game that nobody wants to touch. This game reminds me a ton of the Rams/49ers TNF game last year that went completely off and I think both defenses have shown signs to be vulnerable this season. This is a spot where most will want to get the running backs and going a QB stack is not the worst move here.