Saturday Night Hockey, and a nice full 9 game slate today as there are four games earlier in the day/afternoon — so we don’t have hockey overload tonight.
Teams who are on a B2B
- Florida Panthers (Home)
- Minnesota Wild (Home)
- Nashville Predators (Road)
STACK OF THE NIGHT
Toronto Maple Leafs … Tavares-Marner-Hyman
This is the night I think we see Tavares shine in Toronto in front of the home crowd. So far he has just one goal (opening night) at home but the match-up against the Blues and likely Jake Allen isn’t one that he and the Leafs should have any issues with and I would definitely go a full line stack here with Mitchy Marner and Hyman as well.
OTHER STACKS I LIKE
- Columbus Bread Line – Dubois, Panarin, Atkinson … This is a good line to pick a one off from, and trust me Corey Crawford still sucks.
- Boston Bruins – Bergeron-Pastrnak-Marchand
- Vancouver Canucks – Horvat-Boeser-Baertschi
- Detroit Red Wings … Detroit draws the Florida Panthers coming off a high scoring game in DC on Friday night and this should be a back and forth high paced game with the Red Wings drawing a ton of value from their side. I am leaning the Larkin-Nyquist combination on the top line and usually I roll with defenseman vs Florida, but these options are atrocious. If you want a deep sleeper value play consider Nik Kronwall who is on the top power play.
KEY SKATERS TO FOCUS ON
Artemi Panarin … The Columbus bread line should be rocking and rolling tonight. Panarin takes on his old squad at home as the Chicago Blackhawks bring ole Corey Crawford into Columbus and newsflash — aint no chance in hell I’m not picking on Crawford here. Going a full stack here means we have to roster Pierre Good Luck Dubois which is never a fun thing, so consider just taking Panarin as a one off play here tonight or pair him with Werenski who is with him on the top power play unit. Fire up the cannons and take off your shirts, the Blue Jackets top line is gonna rock tonight.
Mitch Marner … Coming off the shutout to the Penguins the other night, I expect the Leafs to have no issues with the Blues tonight and as I mentioned above the Tavares line is the one I want to stack and you shouldn’t even consider playing Tavares without locking up Marner with him. The Blues are giving up the second most points to Forwards so far this season and the second most overall (8 goals in 6 games) to Right Wingers. Expect Marner and Tavares to light the lamp multiple times tonight.
Brock Boeser … Last year when these two teams met in Vancouver the Canucks absolutely shredded Boston and the Bruins have not looked great defensively this year. The $5,000 price for Brock on DraftKings in what I think will be a high scoring sneaky late night game is too hard for me to pass up today.
- John Tavares – TOR
- Patrice Bergeron – BOS
- Logan Couture – SJS
- Steven Stamkos – TB … Price is just getting way too cheap
- Bo Horvat – VAN
- Mitch Marner – TOR
- Artemi Panarin – CLB
- Brock Boeser – VAN
- David Pastrnak – BOS
- Evander Kane – SJS
- Gustav Nyquist – DET
- Dominik Kahun – CHI … Value Winger
- Brent Burns/Erik Karlsson – SJS … Neither is dominating but they both have good matchups and are priced lower than Morgan Rielly for crying out loud!
- Victor Hedman – TB … Sneaky feeling he scores tonight
- Zach Werenski – CLB
- PK Subban – NSH
- Jeff Petry – MTL
- Aaron Ekblad – FLA
- Matt Dumba – MIN
Oh hey, these guys?? We have to play goalies???
- Marc-Andre Fleury (VGK – 8300) … I’m not high on Vegas this year but I like MAF tonight against the Ducks if you want to pay up.
- Craig Anderson (OTT – 7100) … Home vs the Canadiens he is the best value goalie on the slate tonight.
- Juuse Saros (NSH – 7600) … Nashville IS on a back to back and they ARE playing Connor McDavid, but I’ll still take the value of Saros here as the Preds are clearly the better team even on the road.
LINE LOCK OF THE NIGHT: Tavares, Marner and Hyman – Toronto Maple Leafs
ONE OFF STUD WINGER: Artem Panarin – Columbus
ONE OFF VALUE WINGER: Gustav Nyquist – Detroit
TOP DEFENSEMAN: Victor Hedman – TB